Guide to Accessible Web Design
A collation of tips, guidelines and resources for web designers who wish to make their sites accessible to users with physical or cognitive disabilities and users of older technologies.
Please note: This version of the guide is no longer maintained and updated. An updated and extended version can be found at Jarmin.com. Of special interest in this version is, however, the DEMOS specific chapter Accessibility techniques used on this site.
This accessibility guide includes:
- Brief introduction and definition.
- Quick summary of accessibility guidelines.
- Detailed guidelines with examples and explanations.
- User control: Changing font and colour presentation in the browser.
- Accessibility techniques used on this site, listed by WAI priorities.
- Extensive list of resources for further study.
- Glossary of web design and internet terminology.