Module : Assessment
Modification of examination and assessment arrangements for disabled students: additional support or added advantage?
Table of contents
- Summary of content.
- Aims & Learning Outcomes.
- Introduction to some key areas in assessment.
- Removing barriers to access for disabled students.
- Current approaches to levelling the playing field.
- Inclusive design of assessment.
- Administrative issues.
- Module Resources: Alternative formats, web resources.
- References/further reading.
- Human Rights Act.
- QAA Code of Practice Section 3: Students with Disabilities.
- Special Educational Needs and Disability Act.
- Guidelines for marking the work of dyslexic students.
- Assessment methods.
- Examination arrangements available for disabled students.
- Case studies: Presentations, Extra time, Vivas, Coursework.
- Universal design.
- Course design audit tool.
[Click on cartoon for larger version.]