- Aims & Learning Outcomes.
- Brief history of modern approaches to disability.
- Towards inclusion?.
- Images of disability.
- Models of disability.
- Institutional Models.
- Disability statistics: UK population.
- Disability statistics: Education.
- Support for disabled students in HE.
- Inclusive curriculum (accessibility audit of learning).
- Inclusive design of the environment (accessibility audit of buildings etc.).
- Additional resources (Alternative formats, references and further reading)
Date of completion: December 2002. (Updated: February 2003)
Author: Mike Wray, Project Coordinator, Demos Project.
Published by: Demos Project.
Responsible Organisation: Manchester Metropolitan University.
Contact: Learning Support Unit, All Saints, Manchester, M15 6BH.