• What is the new disability law that everyone is talking about?
• What does 'disability' actually mean?
• Can I be held personally responsible and taken to court?
• Who does the new law apply to?
• What exactly is disability discrimination?
• How do I know if I'm treating someone less favourably?
• Are there any circumstances in which I am justified in treating someone less favourably?
• What is a reasonable adjustment?
• How do I know if I'm being reasonable?
• Can I be guilty of discrimination even if I didn't know someone is disabled?
• When does my institution 'know' that a student is disabled?
• How do I find out if a student is disabled?
• What do I need to do if I find out a student is disabled?
• What happens if a student is disabled but they don't want anyone to know?
• What about the Data Protection Act?
• What is Victimisation and can I be victimised?
• Does the Act take precedence over other legislation?
• How do I know if discrimination has taken place?
• Does a student have to follow the institutions' complaints procedure first?
• What may be awarded by the courts?
Last updated: 22 January 2003
© 2000-2003 DEMOS